Virginia Wine in My Pocket is a free app for smartphones in iTunes and Google Play and a travel-planning website, with an active community of users who regularly contribute winery reviews and use the app and website to track their winery visits, note where they want to go next, and store personal tasting and visit notes - all at no cost.
More than 25,000 travelers have downloaded the app, and thousands more turn to the website every month to help plan visits to Virginia Wine Country.
Nancy Bauer and Rick Collier, the owners of Virginia Wine in My Pocket, traveled to 150 Virginia wineries in 150 days in 2010 to research their app and website and take photographs. Since then, they've continued to explore and expand, adding locally-owned restaurants, inns and shops specializing in Virginia-made products.
In addition to listings, maps, operating hours, and more for every winery, cidery and meadery in Virginia, Virginia Wine in My Pocket also offers a full calendar of winery events, Three Day Getaway itineraries, Food & Wine Tours, featured Virginia destinations, and wine trails.
In 2019, Nancy Bauer authored the 2nd edition of Virginia Wine Travel Journal, a 170-page, full-color, wire-bound planner for plotting getaways, checking off winery visits, taking notes, and picking up insider tips. (A limited number of signed first editions are available on Shopify.) The book is available on Amazon, Shopify, and wineries throughout Virginia, and includes:
- Virginia's top wines and winemakers
- Where to stay and dine in Wine Country
- Dog-Friendly Wineries
- Family-Friendly Wineries (and Adults-only Wineries!)
- Quick-read articles on trends and profiles of winemakers and growers
- Virginia wine and travel expert recommendations for Day Trips and Weekend Getaways
- Full-color photos of wineries, romantic inns, wine country restaurants and locally-focused shops
- Trackers for winery visits and grape varieties tasted
- Maps showing which wineries are nearby
For more information about Virginia Wine in My Pocket or the Virginia Wine Travel Journal, please contact Nancy at firstname.lastname@example.org